9 November 2015

The Great Deku Tree

The Great Deku Tree


My English teacher told me this was the best story I had written and was very impressed by it. I was the only one who got full marks for story writing for this exam, so I thought I would share it.

Mamzele Aurlie possessed a good strong figure, ruddy cheeks, hair that was changing from brown to grey, and a determined eye. She wore a man's hat about the farm and an old blue army overcoat when its cold and sometimes top boots. People who did not know her often mistook her to be a man than a woman, a well built and a little scary man that is. Despite her appearance Ms Mamzele was a very kind and caring lady. She was very brave and loved nature, animals, birds and everyone close to her. She loved working in the farm and caring for the plants and animals. One day Ms Mamzele was given a visit by an animal, a cat that she had saved and looked after till his injuries were healed. The cat gave Ms Mamzele a strange looking seed and told her "This seed is a very rare seed look after it carefully and it will reward you". Ms Mamzele immediately planted the seed on her farm and began to look after it. She watered it daily twice and made sure it got its nutrients from manure for healthy growth. After a week the seed sprouted, the next day it grew completely into a large tall branched tree with 2 eyes and a mouth. The tree said to Ms Mamzele "You have cared for me so well that I have been able to grow this big and strong. My name is Deku. I am the "Great Deku Tree".
As a reward for looking after me you can have you can have all the golden fruits that I bear for the rest of my life, but first you need to enter my mouth, go up my trunk, reach the top and find the golden flower in order to be worthy of my fruits". Ms Mamzele immediately entered the tree, went up its trunk and reached the top. There she saw a chest but it was guarded by a big grumpy ant. Ms Mamzele approached the ant asked whether she could open the chest. The ant set a deal. It would ask Mamzele a question. If she answered correctly she could have the chest otherwise the giant ant would eat Mamzele. Mamzele after quick thinking replied that she would ask the ant one question, if he did answer correctly he could eat her otherwise she could have the chest. The ant very proud of himself, agreed. Ms Mamzele asked her question. The ant had to tell her whether she was man or woman. The ant quickly replied that Mamzele was a man. On hearing this Ms Mamzele smiled and removed her hat and showing her long hair revealed that she was a woman. The ant ashamed of himself gave the chest to Mamzele. Mamzele opened the chest, found the golden flower and returned to the Deku Tree. The Deku Tree was delighted and Ms Mamzele lived a happy life thereafter selling golden fruits, eventually becoming rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment